Free Photography Critique - PhotoCrit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Photography critique community, upload your images for Critique and Comments. Ask about gear and get honest opinions. Get inspiration from those who share your love of Photography

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Hey guys and girls, please bare with us, the site has only just gone live today (22/01/2013). Hopefully our community will grow quickly. If there's any issues, please don't hesitate to let us know in the 'help and feedback' section. In the meantime, you are here first and get to break in all the fresh new forums and update your profiles...new features coming soon!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
Latest topics
» Knock knock
Are you having problems getting that shot? EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 1:59 am by Denham

» How do i share My images on PhotoCrit
Are you having problems getting that shot? EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 3:57 am by mike_k

» Roland Levinsky Building
Are you having problems getting that shot? EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 3:48 am by mike_k

» Are you having problems getting that shot?
Are you having problems getting that shot? EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 3:38 am by mike_k

» I have better things to do
Are you having problems getting that shot? EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 5:04 am by Denham

» Hey there is there any admin , members are leaving
Are you having problems getting that shot? EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 10:15 am by mikshep

» Gan Doon The Pub
Are you having problems getting that shot? EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 9:31 am by mikshep

» Another panoramic
Are you having problems getting that shot? EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 9:19 am by mikshep

» panoramic with movement
Are you having problems getting that shot? EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 9:12 am by mikshep

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Are you having problems getting that shot?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ray Hines

Ray Hines

Critique points : 4109

Are you having problems getting that shot? Empty
PostSubject: Are you having problems getting that shot?   Are you having problems getting that shot? EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 6:45 am

Here's something to get your teeth into. When you go out looking for that shot you're after do you get there and see great stuff but NOT the shot you want? I'm sure you've all been there, you're at the side of a stream with some lovely trees and maybe even some interesting rocks. BUT WHERE'S THE SHOT? You can see some great snapshots or even some postcard shots, but not THE shot. You know it's there but where is it and what do you do to find it?

Answers on a postcard below please.

Ray
Back to top Go down
ady bailey

Critique points : 4156

PostSubject: Re: Are you having problems getting that shot?   Are you having problems getting that shot? EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 6:42 pm

If you take "set up" photos at home or in your studio (I wish) you are more likely to get the shot that's in your head. The trouble is when you go out on "location" with pre conceived ideas they rarely happen......
The day I went to Durham cathedral to take pictures there was a 10 ton curtain side truck unloading at the main entrance and no matter where I stood a part of the truck could be seen or it's shadow.
Many is the time Ive been driving along and seen a great photo opportunity but with no where to stop. Other than closing the A1 these shots remain elusive.
Back to top Go down
Ray Hines

Ray Hines

Critique points : 4109

PostSubject: Re: Are you having problems getting that shot?   Are you having problems getting that shot? EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 7:13 pm

I know what you mean about trucks and not being able to stop. There are a number of shots I'd love to get but cant stop on the road anywere. I think my problem might be, I don't want that postcard shot, I want something a little different. I've been to some beautiful places and just looked about and thought "where's the shot?", "I've seen that on a postcard" or "My missus will get that wit her P&C". There's always a photo there, even if you have to look like a fool bending over a wall or hanging from a tree, It's there. :-)

Maybe my mind is more suited to indoor lighting and tabletop or macro shots. Maybe I'm just to fussy and looking for something that's not there.
Back to top Go down
mike_k

mike_k

Critique points : 4091

PostSubject: Re: Are you having problems getting that shot?   Are you having problems getting that shot? EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 3:38 am

Some thoughts -

- Get down on your hands and knees
- lie on the ground
- Look for completely different point of view - even Dutch angles, perhaps.
- look for a way to get something in the shot that doesn't immediately look like it would get in there
- climb one of the trees and take the shot
- wade into the stream

Simple, obvious ideas but along the same lines as 'look behind you' instead of always looking at what's in front.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you having problems getting that shot?   Are you having problems getting that shot? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are you having problems getting that shot?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Free Photography Critique - PhotoCrit :: General :: The Darkroom-
Jump to: