Free Photography Critique - PhotoCrit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Photography critique community, upload your images for Critique and Comments. Ask about gear and get honest opinions. Get inspiration from those who share your love of Photography

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Hey guys and girls, please bare with us, the site has only just gone live today (22/01/2013). Hopefully our community will grow quickly. If there's any issues, please don't hesitate to let us know in the 'help and feedback' section. In the meantime, you are here first and get to break in all the fresh new forums and update your profiles...new features coming soon!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
Latest topics
» Knock knock
For a successful forum members have to contribute... EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 1:59 am by Denham

» How do i share My images on PhotoCrit
For a successful forum members have to contribute... EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 3:57 am by mike_k

» Roland Levinsky Building
For a successful forum members have to contribute... EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 3:48 am by mike_k

» Are you having problems getting that shot?
For a successful forum members have to contribute... EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 3:38 am by mike_k

» I have better things to do
For a successful forum members have to contribute... EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 5:04 am by Denham

» Hey there is there any admin , members are leaving
For a successful forum members have to contribute... EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 10:15 am by mikshep

» Gan Doon The Pub
For a successful forum members have to contribute... EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 9:31 am by mikshep

» Another panoramic
For a successful forum members have to contribute... EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 9:19 am by mikshep

» panoramic with movement
For a successful forum members have to contribute... EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 9:12 am by mikshep

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Similar topics

For a successful forum members have to contribute...

Go down 
    4 posters
    AuthorMessage
    Mike Hardisty

Critique points : 4112

For a successful forum members have to contribute... Empty
    PostSubject: For a successful forum members have to contribute...   For a successful forum members have to contribute... EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 7:28 am

To me that says it all. If we don't contribute then this forum will die like so many others...
    Back to top Go down
    Tez

Critique points : 4105

PostSubject: Re: For a successful forum members have to contribute...   For a successful forum members have to contribute... EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 9:54 am

The problem at the moment Mike is that the bad weather is not helping in getting out and about.
    Back to top Go down
    JoelInman-Admin
    Admin
    JoelInman-Admin

Critique points : 1014111

PostSubject: Re: For a successful forum members have to contribute...   For a successful forum members have to contribute... EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 11:35 pm

i think bad weather makes the colour pop out of the scene... Very Happy everything looks better wet.

yes another issue is the lack of members! i have just spent £40 on advertising the site, got a few clicks and many views but the member numbers don't reflect it whatsoever...theres around 40-50 likes on facebook yet only 10 or so members...go figure!

and some of the members that have joined have yet to post a single thing.

they dont have to be photo's taken today....have a look in your backlog and dig out some of your favorites...we probably havent seen them yet!

Very Happy
    Back to top Go down
    https://www.facebook.com/ThePhotoCrit
    Tez

Critique points : 4105

PostSubject: Re: For a successful forum members have to contribute...   For a successful forum members have to contribute... EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 12:27 am

Not a critcism, but see my post on the help forum, I am not exactly dim when it comes to PC's, but I did find the upload a bit confusing so maybe some members have been put off by this especially if it didn't work for them? I know that the MyFinepix upload is usually very confusing for new members, the simpler the better so my post may help clarify it a little bit?
    As to the new membership, well to be honest these things are often very slow to start with, even more established forums some of which I moderate on (not photography related) can be very slow at times and sometimes it's like talking to yoursef in order to generate some interest. Rolling Eyes

EDIT: I am sorry to say that the lengthy post I wanted to add in the HELP section was not allowed as I had been a member for less than 7 days so I was not allowed to post LINKS, this is another confusion to me as they were only links to Flickr images. I do understand the need to avoid spam by bots and crawlers, but sometimes this can have detrimental side effects, especially if you are encouraging people to post.

EDIT AGAIN: I have just tried to upoad an image into the HDR section and received this message New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days. Please contact the forum administrator for more information.
    Now this may be something to do with my attempted post in the help section where I was asking about codes, but if we cannot even converse at this early stage without these messages then it is no surprise that there are few members posting.
    Back to top Go down
    Mike Hardisty

Critique points : 4112

PostSubject: Re: For a successful forum members have to contribute...   For a successful forum members have to contribute... EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 3:18 am

JoelInman-Admin wrote:
    i think bad weather makes the colour pop out of the scene... Very Happy everything looks better wet.

yes another issue is the lack of members! i have just spent £40 on advertising the site, got a few clicks and many views but the member numbers don't reflect it whatsoever...theres around 40-50 likes on facebook yet only 10 or so members...go figure!

and some of the members that have joined have yet to post a single thing.

they dont have to be photo's taken today....have a look in your backlog and dig out some of your favorites...we probably havent seen them yet!

Very Happy

I'm not getting at you because I know you will want the site to be a success. It's was more of a bit of rant that the few members we have aren't taking part...
    Back to top Go down
    Ray Hines

Ray Hines

Critique points : 4087

PostSubject: Re: For a successful forum members have to contribute...   For a successful forum members have to contribute... EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 7:25 pm

I agree with Tez and Mike, you have set up what could be a great photography site, it just needs refining. If you are limited for time then I'm sure some of the current members can help out in small ways. I'm not trying to tell you how to run your site but listen to suggestions. I have 8 years of site admin experience, and I think Tez and Mike are also experienced in this field.

Let your members help you turn an idea into a successful reality.

Good luck
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For a successful forum members have to contribute...   For a successful forum members have to contribute... Empty

Back to top Go down

For a successful forum members have to contribute...
    Page 1 of 1